Hi,

I am running an application and wish to add random outputs when the user answers correctly.

example 1 + 1 = 2

cout << " great";

I wish to randomly cout << excellent or very good or fantastic as well. Thanks!
This is my code:

#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <ctime>

using namespace std;

// function prototypes

// generateQuestion
// generateOutput

int main()
{
srand(time(0));
int num1 = 1+ rand() %10;
int num2 = 1+ rand() %10;
int product = num1 * num2;
int answer = 0;

cout << " *****Welcome to Multiplication Teacher***** " << " Enter -1 to exit " << endl << endl;

cout <<"How much does " << num1 <<" times " << num2 << " = ";
cin >> answer;

if (answer == -1)

return 0;

else if(answer == product)
{
cout <<"\nCongratulations"<< endl << endl;;
return 0;

}

while(answer != product)
{
cout <<"Invaid Entry!!!  Please try again: ";
cin >> answer;
if (answer == -1)

return 0;

else if(answer == product)
{
cout <<"\nCongratulations"<< endl << endl;  <----- this is where i wish to add it as a random output and not just congratulations.
return 0;

}
}

cout << endl << endl;

return 0;

}

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

make a string array of your responses then randomly pick one element. ie string ans[5]="blah" etc... ans[rand()%5].

can you post an example on how to enter the string of arrays, please!!!

string compliments[4] = {"String 1", "String 2", "String 3", "String 4"}; This will create an array of strings that you can output. If you're going to use the string class, you're going to need to include the proper header, which I believe is either called <string> or <strings>

You could also use a do {...} while() loop to have the user enter new answers each time instead of repeating the same code over and over. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.