i got an example form roseindia on how to send an email. Now it works perfectly like this, and i can send mail to my email adress with that code (thats just a part of it)

String host = "192.168.1.14"; 
String from = "Admin@Admin.com"; 
String to = "myEmailadress.com";

but the host name is the one i copied from rose india, it works, but i take it its not the right one i should use? What host should i use?

This is where i got the code, and mine lools exacly the same, except, it has my email at "to"
http://www.roseindia.net/javamail/sending-message-using-java-mail.shtml

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hmm as far as i know the host would be your email holders pop3 or smtp server address. ie googles SMTP address for gmail is

smtp.gmail.com or pop.gmail.com

yahoo is:
smtp.yahoo.com or pop.yahoo.com etc just google it,

however you then need password authentication try using the JavaMAil API-if you arent already as java has no built in email api- however it does not come with the core jdk envrioment.

Heres an example for you of java mail api on some other forum it does password authentication to:

http://www.codemiles.com/java/email-through-java-program-t1408.html

welll ... if it works, why do you assume this one does not qualify as being a "right" host name? (it's actually the host's IP address, not really a hostname)

welll ... if it works, why do you assume this one does not qualify as being a "right" host name? (it's actually the host's IP address, not really a hostname)

haha thats true, Its because i dont know where that host's IP address comes from. And i dont want to swamp some ones server or kill some ones cat when i start sending ALLOT of emails.
But if you dont think it can cause any harm, or break in a few months, ill leave it like that =)

it might break (I guess) but since it's still online since 2008, I doubt it'll drop within a week :)

personally, I don't know exactly what kind of services/software you need to have running to use your own machine as a mail server (possible, but not the easiest thing to do, I assume), but, as long as you don't want to receive mail that way, just send it, I think this solution will help you out just fine :)

it might break (I guess) but since it's still online since 2008, I doubt it'll drop within a week :)

personally, I don't know exactly what kind of services/software you need to have running to use your own machine as a mail server (possible, but not the easiest thing to do, I assume), but, as long as you don't want to receive mail that way, just send it, I think this solution will help you out just fine :)

haha sounds good, ill try some time to see if i can find like an ip to hotmails serverse or Something? But ill google some more for that. Till then, ill use this.
Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.