wissam.ashkar 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,
I am new to MDI parent and child.

I have an MDI container form named MainForm that contains a menu strip and tool strip containing few buttons (add,execute,close)and i have several child forms: ViewClientsForm, AddClientsForm, ViewSupplierForm, AddSupplierform.

My questions:

1) What i want, is to use the toolstrip buttons with several forms i.e: if ViewClientsFrom is active and i press ADD, AddClientsForm will be opened. but if ViewSupplierForm is active and i press ADD, AddSupplierForm will be opened.

2) how to enable/disable toolstrip buttons based on active child forms. for example when i call form 1 from the menu strip, execute button in tool strip will be disabled. and when i close this form, the toolstrip will re-enable its buttons.

3) when I press execute button in toolstrip, a function inside the child form is called based on active child.

I know it's a long topic but please if you can provide some coding or any links for examples or tutorials.

Thanks in advanced

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.