i have a *.dat file which is i am sending as attachment can any body help to convert this file in to text file or any other database format such as access /oracle etc

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I don't get it...

:sad:

If you want it ported to MS-Access or Oracle you will have to use their database engine to import the file into the database tables. Each database has its own unique file formats so the safest way to do it is to use the appropriate database engine. And some cost thousands of $$$$$$$. Some are relatively cheap or even free (like MySql)

can u sugegst me the coding in "C/C++" to read this file which will save file in text format or any other format ., then we will able to convert in required database.

thank u

can u sugegst me the coding in "C/C++" to read this file which will save file in text format or any other format ., then we will able to convert in required database.

thank u

Well, you could use ODBC to read the tables using normal SQL statements. There are ODBC c++ classes on the net, just google for them. You can have two databases open at the same time each with its own connection. Get a resultset from one db then use sql statements to insert the rows into the second db. That should be pretty straight forward, and you don't have to know a thing about how the files are maintained. Buy yourself an SQL book if you don't know the langage -- its too complex to explain here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.