daidaiboyboy 0 Light Poster

Hi, all.

I read through an book (Developing Windows Based Applications) by Microsoft Corporation thats fully updated for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and came upon the chapter where it teaches how to deploy a built application. Since I definitely hoped my program can run in every computer without them having to install VS2003, and I also installed some plugins for my VS2003 (further requiring them to have the necessary assemblies and dlls required by the plugins), I think I have found the right topic and followed the steps inside in creating a setup project. However, I found that what they mentioned inside (5 steps in total) is abit wrong... as I only have 4 steps in my VS2003, and that missing step is the most important of all... As the project output groups including the primary output from my application, its localized resources, and also content files are all not automatically added. In addition, the wizard obviously never check for dependencies for me... As I had 2 plugins... it never detect.

May I know whats wrong with the VS2003? Anyone's version has 5 steps? I seriously need to get the application up as a setup project so that it can readily be installed in other computers and run easily from there. Thanks for any advice or recommendations!