Hi all,

Basically, everything works fine with my app when I work on my own computer. However, when I put it on another computer, I get an error. The error occurs when it tries to instance a class coming from an exterior dll.

I tought that it somehow was not finding the path to the dll in question ... but that's not the case, it's just that it doesn't work properly on the other machine. (creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {xxxxx} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800a0035) . But the dll is here ...

Any help would be more than welcome ... I have no clue on how to solve this ...

Many many thanks,

Michael

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Is it the same version of the DLL?
It looks like that is a File Not Found error.
Are there any problems with permissions for the current user to get to the file?

Is it the same version of the DLL?
It looks like that is a File Not Found error.
Are there any problems with permissions for the current user to get to the file?

Many thanks for your help

Yes, same version.

I don't think it didn't find the file because the ddl in question is here ... And then, I'm quite suprised to not have an error when using Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(defaultDir); but when instancing a class ...

800a0035 error for not found file so you need to register the com dll at the new machine use "regsrv32 FullPath\ComName.dll" command first

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.