I have an image processing project using c++ language. I have also linked opencv to integrate some optimized algorithms.However, I would like to create a nice GUI using Visual C#. Is it possible to call a certain program in c++ in visual c#. (P.S. I have no idea about dll, in case it has something to do with that)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First you will have to port the c++ code to cli/c++ (managed code) then put it in a DLL. If you don't know how to create a dll then learn how to do it -- here is a tutorial.

Next read through a couple of these google links to find out how to call the dll from C#.

First you will have to port the c++ code to cli/c++ (managed code) then put it in a DLL. If you don't know how to create a dll then learn how to do it -- here is a tutorial.

Next read through a couple of these google links to find out how to call the dll from C#.

Thank you for the information. It's good to know that it is possible, though, there's yet a lot of work to do..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.