Hi Java Developers,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I hope It is. First of all this is not my programming language, I am an intermediate .net developer, I just came up with this problem that I need to solve which what the thread title says.

How can I change the default filename of the plugin trace file? Please see below screenshot" trace_file

I've already read the developer guide here http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/control_panel.html and followed what it says but it didn't work, please see below:

Tracing and logging support

Tracing is a facility to redirect any output in the Java Console to a trace file (.plugin<version>.trace).

-Djavaplugin.trace=true
        -Djavaplugin.trace.option=basic|net|security|ext|liveconnect

If you do not want to use the default trace file name:

-Djavaplugin.trace.filename=<tracefilename>

I've already put it in the java run time parameters in control panel, but it didn't work, what am I doing wrong? Please see attached deployment.properties:

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

FYI:
To copy the contents of the command prompt window:
Click on Icon in upper left corner
Select Edit
Select 'Select All' - The selection will show
Click in upper left again
Select Edit and click 'Copy'

Paste here.

Hi NormR1, I am not using a command prompt window.

The images with the black background reminded me of a console window.

Can you post a screenshot of your runtime params - maybe it's just a simple typo or somesuch?

Here it is:

java

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.