4evrmrepylrning 0 Newbie Poster

A while ago I created a PHP application that looks at xml files. I have now been tasked with converting this to Python or Django or Turbo gears(anything as long as it's Python something). I am new at Python and while I have played with Django a bit I have not been able to do anything uselfull with it. At the moment I am just hoping someone might have some ideas as to how I should approach this. Any help will be appreciated.

The PHP script is quite basic. I have directories with xml files in them. First the user selects a directory from a drop down list. The next page is split in two columns. On the left there is a list of XML filenames in the chosed directory and on the right there are some some of the values displayed from the XML. So, for example, if the XML had this tag: <id>193764</id> then 193764 will appear in a textbox.

Is it worthwile for my to try and do this using Django or Turbo gears? Any advice of any sort appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.