Hi,

I'm doing a simple study planner in java. Obviously I need to do a timetable generator.
The program works like this:

1. The user enters the start time of school and the length of each breaks (Done)
  2. The user enters the lessons(Done)
  3. When the user presses next I need to generate a timetable using the information provided.(I need to do this)

Please help as I'm still a beginner. I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

Will this be a console application or will it use GUI with a frame, input fields and buttons?

What have you done so far? Do you have any specific questions?

Jump to Post

How are you going to format and display the timetable?

Jump to Post

All 8 Replies

Will this be a console application or will it use GUI with a frame, input fields and buttons?

What have you done so far? Do you have any specific questions?

It will be a GUI with a frame, input fields and buttons. So far I've done everything except the timtable. Thanks for the instant reply! :)

How are you going to format and display the timetable?

What code do you have so far? What problems are you having with it?

I don't have an idea of how I can create a timetable like that :( I've searched but couldn't find the thing I'm searching for

You could create a JPanel with a GridLayout of JLabels. Then you could fine-tune the appearance later.

I need an algorithm to timetabling problem with greedy algorithm and Tabu Search? Somebody has a algorithm in java?
Someone cam help me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.