thewilf 0 Light Poster

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick one for you. I am designing a vb windows form application in express 2008. essentially it is a fancy front end which uses SQL commands to input data into an access mdf file. I was planning to have this automatically sync data to a network when wifi connection was established but the client isn't happy with this and wants a web service to manage data transfer.

Is it possible to have an mdf file on network and mdf file on tablet pc which when it has an established connection to network sends data from mdf on tablet and adds this mdf on network via webservice on their servers?

I am completely new to webservice and a bit out of my depth but value of contract is worth extra effort to learn. I have read a lot of articles which talk about calling a method on webservice to do something on windows form app but struggling to find anything which sends data to webservice to be passed to somewhere else (the network master mdf file).

Any guides or help etc... you know of to do this would be really helpful as the want me to write the webservice for them to go on server.

Cheers
Will