**I am doing a mini project, I need help with how I can store the scores in an array. **

import javax.swing.*; // import the swing library for I/O

class fi_project

{
    public static void main (String[] param)
        {   
        questionfilm();
        System.exit(0);

} // END main

//************************************************************

public static void questionfilm()
{
    //* I am declaring my variables

String user1 = "";
    String user2 = "";
    String user3 = "";
    String user4 = "Alohomora";

String user5 = "";
    String user6 = "";
    String user7 = "";
    String user8 = "Potter";

String user9 = "";
    String user10 = "";
    String user11 = "";
    String user12 = "Revealer";

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Welcome to the Harry Potter mini quiz!" + "<br>Players needed: 3</html>");

JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter your name: ");
    String name = "";

for (int i=1; i<=3; i++) //* The loop will stop until the condition is met
    {
    user1 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Player " +i+  ": What spell opens a locked door?"); //variable 'user1' gets value of user input
    user2 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Is " +user1+  " your final answer? " + "Y/N"); //variable 'user2' gets value of user's second input

if (user2.equals("Y")  || user2.equals("y")) 

{
    if (user1.equals("Alohomora") || user1.equals("alohomora") || user1.equals("ALOHOMORA")) //checks if user's answer is correct (if is the same as value of user4)
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Your final answer is: " +user1);
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>This is the correct answer!" + "<br>Click OK to continue</html>");
    }

else //if the answer was wrong program does what in lines 46-48
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Wrong answer!" + "<br>The correct answer is: Alohomora</html>");
    }
    }

else if(user2.equals("N")) //This is in case that user inserted N (If he/she changed the mind.)

{
    user3 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("What is your answer if it was not " +user1 + "?");
    if(user3.equals("alohomora") || user3.equals("Alohomora") || user3.equals("ALOHOMORA")) //checks if answer is correct. If not go to line 57

{
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>This is the correct answer!" + "<br>Click OK to continue</html>");
    }
    else //if answer is wrong
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Wrong answer!" + "<br>The correct answer is: </html>" +user4);
    }
    }
    else //if user inserts something different than Y or N
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Please enter Y/N");
        System.exit(0);
    }
    }

{
    user5 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("What is Harry's second name?"); //variable 'user1' gets value of user input
    user6 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Is " +user5+  " your final answer? " + "Y/N"); //variable 'user2' gets value of user's second input

if (user6.equals("Y")  || user6.equals("y")) 

{
    if (user5.equals("Potter") || user5.equals("potter") || user5.equals("POTTER")) //checks if user's answer is correct (if is the same as value of user4)
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Your final answer is: " +user5);
    }

{
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Wrong answer!" + "<br>The correct answer is: Potter</html>");
    }
    }

}

if(user6.equals("N")) //This is in case that user inserted N (If the user changed their mind

{
    user7 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("What is your answer if it was not " +user5 + "?");
    if(user7.equals("potter") || user7.equals("Potter") || user7.equals("POTTER")) //checks if answer is correct. If not go to line 57

{
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>This is the correct answer!" + "<br>Click OK to continue/html>");
    }
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Wrong answer!" + "<br>The correct answer is: Alohomora</html>");
    }
    }
    {
        return;
    }

{
    user9 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("What can be used to make invisible ink appear?"); //variable 'user1' gets value of user input
    user10 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Is " +user5+  " your final answer? " + "Y/N"); //variable 'user2' gets value of user's second input

if (user10.equals("Y")  || user10.equals("y")) 

{
    if (user9.equals("Revealer") || user9.equals("revealer") || user9.equals("REVEALER")) //checks if user's answer is correct (if is the same as value of user4)
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Your final answer is: " +user9);
    }

{
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Wrong answer!" + "<br>The correct answer is: Revealer</html>");
    }
    }

}

if(user10.equals("N")) //This is in case that user inserted N (If the user changed their mind

{
    user11 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("What is your answer if it was not " +user9 + "?");
    if(user11.equals("reaveler") || user11.equals("Revealer") || user11.equals("REVEALER")) //checks if answer is correct. If not go to line 57

{
    }
    {
        JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "<html>Wrong answer!" + "<br>The correct answer is: Revealer</html>");
    }
    }
    {
        return;
    }

You'll need to be a lot more specific about your question. What scores? Why an array? What method? etc.

ps1: variable names user1, user2, user3 etc make it very hard to understand your code, compared to (eg) q1answer, q1confirm, q1secondTry etc
ps2: You do a lot of comparisons to cope with various combinations of upper and lower case. You could simplify your code by using the String equalsIgnoreCase method that's just like equals, except that it tests for two strings being equal ignoring any differences in case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.