Hello,

I have just bought a "USB Network server":
http://www.conrad-uk.com/ce/en/product/992249/LOGILINK-4-port-USB-network-server

I have attached a harddrive to the USB Network server and the USB Network server is connected to the router.
I use 2 computers that needs to use the harddrive at the very same time. However the software that connects to the harddrive only allows one computer at a time to use the harddrive and blocks out the other computer from connecting to it. I have set the network server IP to static: 192.168.1.15 but the server supports DHCP also that randomly gives an IP.

My question is simply this:

How would it with code be possible to Map this harddrive that is attached to the USB Network server with IP 192.168.1.15?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Thank you,

As I can see in the example the mapping will look like this, which worked for my local harddrive on the computer!
"\Computername-abc\C$"

However, now is my other harddrive not connected to any computer.
The harddrive is connected to a USB Network Server and this USB Network Server
is connected to the router with Ethernet. I have a shared folder called "test".
I have a software to find the harddrive in the network so there must be a way
to find this harddrive using C#

The information I have is this:
IP Setting: Fixed IP
IP Address: 192.168.1.15
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
MAC Address: 00:24:32:02:36:0e
Server Name: USB Server

I wonder how we can map this harddrive in this scenario. For example this did not work,
with the software in the link:
"\192.168.1.15\test"

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.