Hi all. I've taken a long break from my C++ studies but I'm now being shoved into finding an internship for school so I figured I'd play around and brush up on my coding. I've written this simple tabata countdown timer and I would like opinions on how it could be streamlined or written more efficiently. Also, I realize the way I wrote it makes it completely non-portable, but it suits my needs just fine for my personal use on my Debian box. Suggestions regarding how to make it portable are welcome as well, as I don't really have a whole lot of experience doing so. It's a pretty simple and straight forward little program, but I'm sure there's at least a few things I could do differently, just to gain perspective. Thanks.