#include<conio.h>
int main()
{
    long double p=778.567;
    printf("%Lf",p);
    getch();
    return 0;
}

it's output is : -115403.... something... why is it so ?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Try using the -ansi switch. You mentioned Dev-C++ earlier, which suggests MinGW, which I recall was broken in some areas of the stdio library.

so you want me to change the IDE ?

Um...no. I want you to add a compiler switch in the settings.

which one ? means how to do that ? i never done this type of thing. thanks

Find your project settings, find your compiler settings underneath. There should be a text box somewhere asking for other switches or compiler options. Type "-ansi", and rebuild your project. Or look in the compiler settings for a check box that mentions something about "-ansi". Seriously, use a little common sense and just explore your IDE settings. Last I recall, Dev-C++ wasn't very complex, so this shouldn't be diffcult.

no no sir! my 6th sense is little bit weak and also 7th sense which is common sense. accroding to you , it is not complex. "complexity" is a perception. according to you, 1 question can be damn tuff, according to me that same thing is just a task of few seconds. So saying rudely that "just use little comon sense as DEV c++ is not complex" is not good. otherwise you are more experinced than me, cant say anything to you. thanks

So saying rudely that "just use little comon sense as DEV c++ is not complex" is not good.

Sorry dude, but I have no patience for people who don't even try to do something before shooting back with requests for hand holding. And when I said Dev-C++ isn't complex, I mean it's not complex period. Beginners prefer it for that exact reason, so this isn't a matter of my perspective as a more experienced developer.

Look in your project settings for something that seems promising. Read the documentation. Search the web for instructions. Learning how to use your tools is programming 101. You've been here for a while and know how things work, so I'm going to hold you to a higher standard than J. Random Newbie who shows up out of the blue and has only been coding for half a day.

i don't think that you don't know i "try" things or not. i am here from good time and sometimes if anyone(may be experienced) asks questions which is not even logical, than going rude is not a good option. I have also juniors sir, but i never comment on their ANY sense. sorry if i ask something which i don't need to, but i can confess that "i am a true-hearted hard worker who just need a teacher or proper guidance whenever neeeded". thanks

i don't think that you don't know i "try" things or not.

I made my suggestion and you posted for hand holding help one minute later. I'm reasonably sure you didn't try anything.

But whatever. I've made my suggestion and now it's up to you to implement it. I don't have Dev-C++ installed, so I couldn't give you detailed instructions even if I were so inclined. Best of luck.

ohh... yes! but if i were at your place, then i will prefer "NOT TO REPLY" rather than commenting like this. but at last, you have helped me , i must say THANKS. :-)

but if i were at your place, then i will prefer "NOT TO REPLY" rather than commenting like this.

That's a good idea. I'll refrain from replying to your posts from now on.

that's mean you think my each and every post as "illogical" or questions which i ask without trying myself ? really ?

P.S lol.. sir! i will suffer nothing else.. :p you can implement this thing where you think you are going to make "mocking" comments, otherwise don't implement it. my whole class may be watching this thread, that's why i feel bad. They will laugh on me after readiing your post :'( thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.