I've been off of programming for about a year now and am thinking about starting up again. I used to be really into it and was considering it for a career choice. Now I'm in my final year of highschool and realized that I have no plans for university and think I may want to go into computer science still. I need some sort of direction though otherwise I'll get distracted.

-some experience in VB.net
-Most of my time has been spent with Java
-Know some basic C++
-Know some basic Python

The only reason I stopped with Java was because I got to a point where I just didn't know where to go from there. I'm not really sure how to explain it. What would you reccommend me to do?

Recommended Answers

See if you can get involved with a coding project with others.
The activity will help determine your interest in coding and give you some direction.

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

See if you can get involved with a coding project with others.
The activity will help determine your interest in coding and give you some direction.

That's the thing, I have a hard time finding people who are into coding as well. It's such a small community, or at least where I'm from.

Also, I'm more interested in learning programming instead of just a languange as I've done in the past. Would it benefit me more to learn a new language as opposed to trying to go further into Java?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.