Hi Guys,

I urgently need help with this python project I'm really stuck with it, finding it very confusing at this stage.

If anyone could offer me any help I'd really appreciate it!!

Heres the question-

Data mining is the process of sorting through large amounts of data and picking out relevant information. In this assignment we want to do some preliminary data mining of a company's stock. This sort of data is available from finance.yahoo.com, where you can, among other things, search historical data by company. For this assignment we'll look at Google from 2004 to 2012. The data-set you'll need is a table in CSV format and can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz885fohzzj7fga/googlePrices.csv

Your program should calculate the monthly average price for Google and tell us the best and worst six-months for Google.
The average price is defined as ((v1 * c1) + (v2 * c2) + (v3 * c3) + (v4 * c4) ... (vn * cn) + ) / (v1+v2+v3+v4...+vn) where vi is the volume for day i and ci is the adjusted close price for day i.

Hints

For each month create a tuple with two items, the average for that month and the date (year and month). make a list of these tuples.
The list sort() and reverse() methods will be useful.
To create a tuple, put the items in a comma-separated list with parentheses (x,y).
When working with lists of lists the first item is someList[0][0] and the 2nd item is someList[0][1].

Thank you!!!

You should post your code to show effort and explain specific difficulty!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.