I have done a VERY simple currency converter which runs in the command prompt. is it possible to some how get this to work as a windows program. I would like to be able to save it and send it to my friends. I would also like to be able to change the size of the font add colour and beeps when incorrect information is entered. I don't know what its called when you go from c to a windows program or how its done. Some direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rodney

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Presumably you are already running it in windows, so "get this to work as a windows program" doesn't make a lot of sense. What do you mean?

Generally, after you compile the code, there should have been automatically generated .exe in the same folder as the one your working in, but you could look at this

It sounds like you want to convert a text-based / command-line program to run in a GUI. Correct? Then there will be a lot of cruft to deal with to make it work that way, coding wise. Not difficult - just tedious. The functional logic won't change, but include files and changing main() for WinMain(), etc. will be some of the differences you will encounter. As we say in the business - RTFM! :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.