Hello, i need a code to show data from database into textbox
i have this request
"select count(*) from table"
i work with access database andi want show the result in textbox
pleaase help

Recommended Answers

Hi
You should look up the OLEDBConnection Class to find out how to run SQL against a Database through OLEDB (as opposed to SQL Server).

To connect to the Access database through the OLEDBConnection Class, you will need a

Jump to Post

All 8 Replies

Hi
You should look up the OLEDBConnection Class to find out how to run SQL against a Database through OLEDB (as opposed to SQL Server).

To connect to the Access database through the OLEDBConnection Class, you will need a connection string to connect to Access

This should get you started - there are loads of examples of code both in MSDN and other VB.NET sites as well as examples and snippits on this very forum.

thank you kRod, G WAddel, i know how to link vb.net with access database, but i can't show data from database into textbox, since i can show data in datagreadview.thank you for help

What value are you trying to put into the textbox? What column and row in the underlying dataSource is it in ? Do you need to search the dataSource for the value or does your query select a single value --- 'Command.ExecuteScalar' As you can see there is a lot of info we would need to answer your question. Showing the code that retrieves the data would help alot....

my database contains a table of products with five columns: ID, Reference, quantity,the turnover, and categories, I want to show in textboxes the number of references that match a category, the sum of quantities.ofcourse my query select a single value.
I just write the class of connection I have not write any code for textboxes

TextBox1.Text = Cstr(Value from the Query)

Hello kRod, I found the solution, that's it: the message box return the result of my query, but the problem that i can't retrieve this result in my texbox, when my program is running, an error message appears: "impossible to change the property Connection String"

Private Sub TextBox4_TextChanged_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox4.TextChanged
        dbProvider = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;"
        dbSource = "Data Source=C:\Users\Gayzlein\Documents\Gestion.accdb"
        con.ConnectionString = dbProvider & dbSource
        con.Open()
               Dim cmd As New OleDb.OleDbCommand("select count(*) from Categories1 where classe='A'", con)
        Dim count As Int32 = CInt(cmd.ExecuteScalar)
        MsgBox(count)
        TextBox4.Text = cstr(count)
    con.Close()

Thanks kRod

Yes, I found it, I just have to write the same code in "private sub form_load.." Thanks for help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.