I have introduced an algebra for a new memory model. Now I need to implement this using Java.

Basic step of my program is:
Once we need to execute an application program (exe file), My program should accept that and classify it according to its functioning.

do you have any suggetions for this in java code?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

exe file? you're not looking for Java, then.

thanks for the reply, but i need to execute (run) an application s/w though my program. while executing the application should be decomposed according to its functioning.

Process proc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("java -jar /c c:\java\Factorial.jar");?

Process proc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("c:\winword.exe");?

is there a way to get the instruction set attached to this execution? so the i can decompose using that.

if you want to limit your application to Windows, why use Java? there are far better languages for this.
why do you need to "run" Factorial like that? it's a jar, just call it's main method.
and what exactly do you mean by this:

while executing the application should be decomposed according to its functioning.

i mentioned Factorial or winword as examples. First I started doing this with functional programming language, Haskell. but since i couldn't find enough meterials to refer, couldn't complete the work. i need to quikly build up a working prototype to simulate what i think. That is why i start the work with java.

I guess there are quite a few of us here who don't understand exactly what you are trying to achieve. Perhaps you could make it clearer with an example?
You have an exec of WinWord.exe in one of your earlier posts. Suppose your application was complete and correct; what output would you expect to see from running winword?

while executing the application should be decomposed according to its functioning.: to process similar things together.
1. simply, If we have to do a computation as follows;
x1+x2x3-x4x5+x6
then, x1+(x2x3)-(x4x5)+x6 (+ the concept precedence)
2. in architecture level
load, add, move, branch...

since, at the run time the source code is not available, i think this decompsition should be done on the architectural level.

That didn't answer the question. Try a simpler one. Suppose the .exe is a c# version of the simplest app that executes the formula you just posted, something equivalent to...

class x {
    static void main(...) {
       int x1 = ... etc
       System.out.println(x1+x2x3-x4x5+x6);
    }
}

Again, suppose your application was complete and correct; what output would you expect to see from running that?

those two statements are not working properly. got IOexceptions.
At the end of my program the particular application will be executed, in an efficient way. make the execution efficient is what i expected through my program. winword is not a good example for that. my underline concept is doing similar things together we can improve the processing power. that is why i need to decompose, to execute similar things together.

That was just pseudo-code, obviously.

Let's try one last desparate attempt to understand this before giving up...

When you have written this app you will need to test it. That means you will give it certain test input for which you know the expected output, so you can see if the output is correct. Please show us just one example of a test scenario - what is the input and what is the expected output for that one test?

thanks for ur contribution, i thought of doing this in another way........ thanks....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.