I am making a service that uses RSS feed and I am having a problem actually getting the data as it is not made up in the original sense of .title, .summary etc, below is the contents of each item.

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0; color:#493800; font-size: 11px; border:solid 1px #bababa;    margin: 10px;"><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Start Time</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">21/11/2013 19:30 UTC</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Backup Job</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">Backup</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Computer</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">theComputer</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Disk</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">theDisk</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Username</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">theUsername</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Searched</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">112306 (52.5 GB)</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Uploaded</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">121 (29.1 MB)</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Duration</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">0:19:23</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Errors</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">0</td></tr><tr><th style="padding:5px; background:#ddd; border:solid 1px #bababa; color:#493800; font-size: 10px;">Result</th><td style="padding:5px; margin:0; background:#fff;">COMPLETE</td></tr></table> <p><a href="LINK">Details</a></p>

Now when you load this up in an RSS feed viewer it looks really nice with a table and all, but I have no idea how to get at the data it is showing for example the table says "Errors : 0" amoungst all that, but how do I get to it and into my c# code? When I for example get the .Summary from it, I just get all that css/html stuff.

I look forward to any help, I am very lost.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Click Here
have a look at this link, download the stuff, if you can t solve the problem using this by yourself i ll help you out.

Hey Casta

I have attempted to use it already but it just won't do anything, do you have any advice on the code I would need to make the HTML Agiltiy Pack work?

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.