I recently built a calculator in C# for the Windows 8 App store, submitted it and got it approved and its in there now! But it was a very rushed and unfinished product, I was more or less excited that I had a working app so I submitted. Now I'm trying to make it do more, the first version only did addition, the pending certification version adds subtration and multiplication, the version I'm working on now for the next big release will have themes.
Here is what I'm trying to do now. I have a simple calc with large buttons great for a full screen touch display, I'd like to be able to group buttons together and change the visibility of the group with the press of a button, its for a theme thing I'm working on.

Group A (button a, button b, button c,)
Press button Z and Group A visibility collapses.

In Visual Studio I grouped the buttons in a grid called gridTest and added a button and on the button click event is listed below.

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            gridTest.Visibility="Collapsed";
        }

But that doesn't work and I can't figure it out.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you step the code and hover on gridTest.Visibility what does the current visibility show?

I figured it out, it was

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            gridTest.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.