Hi Dw

I'm creating a wosa/xfs I've followed correctly the guide and the code has no error till I try to debug it or build it. I get this error
1) error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_WFSStartUp@8 referenced in function "int_cdecl Wfs_Startup(void)" (?Wfs_Startup@@YAHXZ)

2) error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_WFSOpen@36 referenced in function "int_cdecl WfsOpen(unsigned shot *)" (?Wfs_Open@@YAHPAG@Z)

Any idea on how I can solve this problem?
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The linker can't find those functions. Assuming you've not got the names of the functions wrong, and that they're library functions, you need to make sure you have the library containing those functions, and make sure you have told the linker what those libraries are named, and make sure you have told the linker where to look for tose libraries.

Ok thanks but I'm a bit newer on C++, well I've installed a SDK and also I've linked it to the XFS file which has all the include that is required all the files (libraries) are there. About telling the linker of the location of the libraries how can I do that? Where am I going to find the linker? I'm using Visual C++ 2010

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.