private void btnSearch_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

if (searchtext.Text == "")
            {
                MessageBox.Show("Plese Inter Employee's ID you are searching for");
                searchtext.Focus();
            }
            else
            {

OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=D:\\Employees.mdb");
                OleDbDataAdapter ad = new OleDbDataAdapter("select * from Employee where EmpID=@EmpID", con);
                ad.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("@EmpID", OleDbType.Integer);
                ad.SelectCommand.Parameters["@EmpID"].Value = int.Parse(searchtext.Text);

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
                ad.Fill(ds, "Emp");
                DGV1.DataSource = ds.Tables["Emp"];

if (ds == null)
                {

MessageBox.Show("not found!!");

}
                else
                {
                   MessageBox.Show("The Employee you are searching for is listed down, if you want to update the data click the arrow sign on the lift side of the record");
                }
            }

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This doesn't look like C, looks like C# to me!

Hello Meftah
First of all, I will like to info you that this is not C language, you might have post in wrong section, this belong to C# if I am right....
So, Do you have any Issue with this?

Ok in any case apart from the fact that your code is structured badly (we canleave that for now), you are checking if ds is null. It never will be as you are creating it like this:

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

Instead try maybe counting how many rows you have?

That code is definitely C#. Since the question did not ask about conversion to C, I've moved the thread to the C# forum so that the resident experts have a better chance of seeing and answering it.

Hiii

You just simply modify the condition and its work fine like

if (ds.Table["Emp"].Rows.Count==0)

MessageBox.Show("not found!!");
}
else
{
   MessageBox.Show("The Employee you are searching for is listed down, if you want to update the data click the arrow sign on the lift side of the record");
}

This condition work fine what you are looking for
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.