Hi Dw.

If there is anyone who knows how and which languagies are used to develop software's like word processing, Excel, Access, basically things like Office suite. I know Linux has their own different tools for office, as well as Microsoft as well and other OS have different Suites for office my question is which softwares/languagies and tools are used to develop these products, and techniques behind it as they provide advanced different features.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First your question in your topic. The answer is that all languages have been used from Assembly to all others. I don't know of any language that someone has not used to write a Word Processor or other such app.

If we look at the source code to a major Word or Office look a like on Linux, Windows and Apple "LibreOffice", it's C++.
Source: https://github.com/LibreOffice

Open Office uses a lot of Java, as does Libre Office, but they also use C++. In the mid-1980's I was director of engineering for a company that wrote a multi-user distributed office automation suite in C for the QNX operating system. Word processing, spreadsheet, database, etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.