using c# socket programming.
For the program on computer A, i would probably need to create a windows form, to allow me to trigger computer B software to run by clicking.
How do i implement the async socket into window form? How can i start the connection of both computer, what do i need to do, t get computer A able to command computer B software to run, and all the data collected from the software to be stored in computer A windows form application.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Hi sorry this is my code.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/network-programming/asynchronous-server-socket-example

Basically the async socket client and server. I manage to run both on my single PC. You can see both client and server sample codes at the link.

Thanks i look into rcmd already, but i am looking into creating an application that allows me to navigate, and trigger the other computer. I need help on understanding the back end code and how to work on it.

I tend to use rcmd over writing another app. And even if I were to write another app I might call rcmd to duty to lighten the load.

About understanding the code you study it until you understand. Give yourself a year or two to go from zero to coding such an app.

yes will do, but i am in need of completing it asap, looking for possible assistance thanks.

There are so many client server apps out there with source code. My advice is you are not coding such today is to step back and just use rcmd. That is, build according to your current knowledge. If I were to write it for you then you may end up with questions that won't fit here.

yea true it wont fit the nature. hmm but crmd right, you need to type commands each time you access? In this case, will not be convenient for others to use.

To prototype you use rcmd. Then for your client end you shell out to rcmd so you don't have to type it in. Shelling out to run a command is pretty basic or are you so new to programming that this is also a challenge?

Never try before. Can you help me with it, so i can complete doing the rcmd thing.

Sorry but that is so basic that I fear you skipped entry level classes. Why not start now to learn and test what you can do with rcmd, learn how to shell out and run a system command now? It appears you want one on one tutoring which I'll just reply with example research links which you must learn now.

Do you know how to research areas that are new to you? If not, that's your first endeavor, before you try to write code.

Just that will be able to get it done fast with help. Definiately able to research, need to know which source are correct.

How does rcmd work , on the part of calling other computer to run its software and get its data ?

can't find much useful tutorial .

The information is not useful to those that don't understand how things work. Continue your computer language and science studies and over time your research becomes more useful.

So its not possible for me to do rcmd i guess. I need to get more computer language research to understand it?

I disagree. rcmd is where you should start. Understand the basic tools and then code. I find it better to prototype what I want from the command line and then automate it in the code. You'll be up to speed in a year or so but longer if you don't get in there and learn what you have already.

i see, however have you seen any demo using rcmd, i think there are a lot of clickbaits out there. Do you rcmd on a virtual platform ?

Check your firewall and make sure you have opened the ports that your application is using to communicate on. Pretty certain this is your issue based on the fact it is working on your localhost fine.

@rproffitt - i see thanks, hmm it is just that i want to see the demo, to know overview how it works etc. To understand the process flow i guess.

@Rabiddog - hmm yea i know about the firewall. Im more concern about implementing the functionality, having a button to click, then the back end codes will trigger another computer software to run. As the connection on both client and server is just the first step,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.