Hi,
I need to get data from a C++ application to a spread sheet or notepad file, has anyone any idea how to do this. I have access to programme source code but not sure where to start.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Explain a bit more. How is the program outputting the data now? Is it a console applitcation or a GUI application.

If the output is currently displayed in the console, the easiest method is to redirect the output to a text file.

If it is a GUI application, you will have to "read some file handling" in C tutorials.

Rather than outputting directly to an excel worksheet, it is easiest to output the data into a Comma Seperated Value formatted file ( CSV File ), and read the data using MS Excel or Open Office Excel into a worksheet.

read this article if you don't mind spending a few days learning how to do Office Automation in C++. I understand its easier with .NET but I haven't tried it myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.