memset(address, type, bytes);
   VirtualProtect(address,bytes,d,&ds);
}

And These Are My Error's

error C2065: 'address' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'bytes' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'type' : undeclared identifier
Error executing cl.exe.

I Have Had A Read About 'cl.exe' It Said How To Cure The Problem But I Didnt Understand It.

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

One last and serious word from me, dont try to post code which you yourself havent written. IF you still have problems understanding the code then goto the original location from where you have picked this code or to the person who has given you this code.

It would really be much better for you to start from the beginning rather than copying someone elses program and trying to run it.

In the long run it definately wont help you.

I hope u understand friend.

you need to download the Windows Platform SDK because Visual C++ 2005 Express does not include it by default. Go back to the download page and you will find the link at the bottom of the page. There are also instructions on how to set up the compiler to use it (you have to add a few paths in the compiler's settings).

In case you can't find it, here is the link

once you get it to compile, don't expect me to tell you how to use it -- I haven't the slightest clue, so you are on your own from there on.

[edit] The errors you posed indicate that you are missing code -- the variables are declared someplace else. That is one of the grave dangers of attempting to compile someone else's code when you don't have a clue what you are donig. There is no way anyone can help you because of the missing code.[/edit]

Ok Im Back I Think these Are the Last Error's Of The Lot

This is My Code

#include <windows.h>
void WriteMem(DWORD MemOffset, DWORD DataPtr, DWORD dataLen) {
   DWORD d, ds;
   VirtualProtect(address, bytes, PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE, &d);
   memset(address, type, bytes);
   VirtualProtect(address,bytes,d,&ds);
}

And These Are My Error's

error C2065: 'address' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'bytes' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'type' : undeclared identifier
Error executing cl.exe.

I Have Had A Read About 'cl.exe' It Said How To Cure The Problem But I Didnt Understand It.

I think those error messages are about as self-explanitory as it gets.

I Fix The Problem I Just Have A Few Link Problems An A cl.exe Error Wich Is Most Important Error To Fix.

My Error

Error executing cl.exe.

My Code ^^

#include <windows.h>
void WriteMem(DWORD MemOffset, DWORD DataPtr, DWORD dataLen)
{
 DWORD OldProt;
 VirtualProtect((void *) MemOffset, dataLen, PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE, &OldProt);
 RtlMoveMemory((void *) MemOffset, (const void *)DataPtr, dataLen);
 VirtualProtect((void *) MemOffset, dataLen, OldProt, &OldProt);
}

>> Error executing cl.exe

Just ignore that one -- it only means your program failed to compile and link correctly. Just fix the other reported errors.

but then it wont make dll

but then it wont make dll

:cheesy: :cheesy: that's what we have been telling you for two days now! you do not have (or at least you have not posted) all the code that is necessary to put that dll together. you can not just ignore the other errors, they must be fixed.

Ok... Well This is My Error

error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file: '.\Debug/Bypass DLL.pch': No such file or directory

And This Is My Code

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdafx.h>
{
 DWORD OldProt;
}

All I Want To Do Is make A DLL That Stops The Write Protection On A Process Of A Game I Have So I Can Then Edit The Memory And Make Cheats

> Just ignore that one -- it only means your program failed to compile and link correctly
ROFLMAO - good one.

It's like trying to explain fire to a caveman. It doesn't matter what you say, all they can do is "oooh" at the pretty colours and "argh" when they touch it.

It's like trying to explain fire to a caveman. It doesn't matter what you say, all they can do is "oooh" at the pretty colours and "argh" when they touch it.

I have tried the same approach with the original poster but to no avail. Goodluck to you. :)

How Dose That Help Me?

That helps you by telling you that no point in driving on the highway if you dont even know how to ride a cycle, which would in the end cause you trouble.

How Dose That Help Me?

ItS nOT VErY DiffICUlT tO fUGire thAT oUt.

>>error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file: '.\Debug/Bypass DLL.pch': No such file or directory

Ok that one is pretty easy to fix. Turn off precompiled headers. Select menu item Project --> Properties (at the bottom of the meu list). Expand the "Configuration Properties" button, expand the c/c++ button, then select "Precompiled Headers" item. Change the "Create/Use Precompiled Header" to "Not using precompiled headers"

[edit]Or ... just do a full rebuild so that the compiler will recreate it.[/edit]

Thank You Now I Have ANOTHER Error When Will They Stop!

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\bypass memory dll\bypass memory dll.cpp : fatal error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation

Same Code As Last Time

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdafx.h>
{
 DWORD OldProt;
}

I Thank Ancient Dragon ALOT!

Thank You Now I Have ANOTHER Error When Will They Stop!

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\bypass memory dll\bypass memory dll.cpp : fatal error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation

you will have to do a little research on that one.

>> When Will They Stop!
When you get all the problems fixed.

Hummm... I Had No Luke

I Still Get

Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation

Hummm... I Had No Luke

I Still Get

Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation

sorry, I have no idea what the problem is. zip up the whole project and attach it. But delete the debug and release directories first.

I think you did not create the project correctly. I recreated the project and had few problems compiling it. I don't know if it works or not, but it compiles ok.

Ancient Dragon

Can i ask you to do a big favor for me?

ok my Visual C++ program dose not work or has big error's\problems in it, it wont even compile a simple code. So i was wondering if you could compile that memory bypass project into a dll for me...

if your busy it dosent matter im only asking

thank you for making\correcting and spending time on my project, i would really apreshiate it if you could (sorry about spelling)

did you download and install the Windows Platform SDK as described here ? Make certain you follow the instructions in Step 4 which tells you how to set up the compiler to see the files in the SDK. If you did that right you should have no problems compiling the project I posted.

i did install and download that btw nvm i got a friend to compile it

thank you anyway

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.