Ok My Code Is Fine As My Friend Can Compile It Fine So I Wont Show That.

My Error Is This

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'odbc32.lib'

I Have SDK Installed And Visual C++ 2005 With MSDN

Grunt commented: ASSHOLE +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This is now the THIRD TIME I've told you that you have to FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS . PAY ATTENTION TO Steps 3 through Steps 5.

On my computer the SDK was installed here:
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib

And yes, odbc32.lib is there. Check your computer to convince yourself that the file is on your computer too.

im sorry about doubble posting but, Ancient Dragon can you give me the link to the latest SDK because i think i got the wrong one :'(

I already posted it three or four times. Read my last post. Besides, there is only one Windows Platform SDK. It says "Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK" but its for XP too and is the correct version that you need.

I don't recall what version of Windows you are using, but you should read the systems requirements before installing that SDK.

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 1

* Hard Disk Space. Choose a disk drive with a minimum of 1 GB of free space.

* High-Speed Internet Connection. If your connection speed is 56 Kbps or less, it is best to purchase the low-cost SDK CD (US/Canada or International) or install the Web Download.

* Development Tools. To build the C/C++ samples, you must have a C/C++ compiler. If you are using Microsoft Visual C/C++®, run it at least once before installing the SDK. This will ensure that the environment variables are correctly configured. To build the Visual Basic samples, you must have Microsoft Visual Basic®. This SDK does not support working with Microsoft Visual C/C++®, 6.0 as support for VC 6.0 has ended. The last SDK that will work with VC 6.0 is the February 2003 Edition, you can order a CD on the fulfillment site. Side by side installations are not supported.

...XP too and is the correct version that you need....

Gunner54, what OS are you running?

Ty Im Fine Now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.