Hello

I'm a newbie to C# and I'm looking forward to learning it. I know the best way to learn something is to practice, but I can't think of anything to make. I'm most interested in developing applications that interact witht he web, but I have also had an idea in my head for a while: a program that prevents file writing/reading when you are afk. Well I don't know in which direction to go, so any pointers, project suggestions, and guidelines will be very appreciated!

Thanks!
-Kelba

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Well, you shoud read up on the language first, do the practice problems that they give you (in the book / tutorial etc...). Then once you have the basics down, a goo place to go would be www.sourceforge.net search through the project tree and find a project that you are interested in and develop something for it, or join a project that is just starting. Hope this helps.

commented: why is it everyime someone asks about project ideas ya'll cry sourceforge? If they wanted to sourceforge they would've +0

Welcome Kelba to C#,

Try to apply OOP concepts on c# applications then get involved with business applications, read more articles on MSDN, you will gain perfect experience
May ALLAH with you, friend

Hello

I'm a newbie to C# and I'm looking forward to learning it. I know the best way to learn something is to practice, but I can't think of anything to make. I'm most interested in developing applications that interact witht he web, but I have also had an idea in my head for a while: a program that prevents file writing/reading when you are afk. Well I don't know in which direction to go, so any pointers, project suggestions, and guidelines will be very appreciated!

Thanks!
-Kelba

Well let's see. There are lots of possibilities once you have mastered the basics of the language.

1. A personal scheduler program. None of the existing personal scheduler programs seem to be perfect. Why not try to implement one that does things exactly the way you would like them to be done? It could build a web page with your schedule on it;

2. Implement a simple game. How about a Sprouts player? Or a Solitaire game? Or a Cribbage game? If there is a game you have played, why not try to implement that?

3. How about a Collaborative Reviewer program? This program could support friends developing a mutual review of a TV show or movie or book. The program could archive the review and allow for later retrieval based on a variety of criteria.

4. Implement a program that allows you to cut-and-paste items you see on the Internet and then supports retrieval via a variety of criteria including a set of keywords you associate with the item.

5. Implement a program that works with your browser to maintain a list of web sites you have visited along with a brief comment from you about each web site.

Hello

Thanks!
-Kelba

Somewhere amongst these video tutorials is a complete online video tutorial course on C#

http://www.azroc.co.uk/videos/index.php

Hi,
Iam a C# developer and I am developing some sample projects to improve my technical skills, If you are a beginner in C#.Net you can refer the details of my sample projects.
Please follow the site.
http://csharptechniques.blogspot.com/

Hello

Thanks!
-Kelba

commented: spamming old threads -1

I think that it would be better if this topic were more general. It would be nice if there was a list of websites that would contain some practice projects or project ideas.

SourceForge is definitely a good place to start.
There is also another site http://codekata.pragprog.com/
This is a weird site. That was my first thought about it. But eventually the ideas they had were great.

hi......i am doing sc this year....i have to do a computer project for the final exam this year...so i am stuck in the 2nd part,that's the design part,so i need help to carry forward,could you please try to help me in one way or the other to catch up with the remaining project as it is a must for the final exam this year 2010...thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

commented: Don't post on old threads that have bumped even older ones -1

hi......i am doing sc this year....i have to do a computer project for the final exam this year...so i am stuck in the 2nd part,that's the design part,so i need help to carry forward,could you please try to help me in one way or the other to catch up with the remaining project as it is a must for the final exam this year 2010...thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

If you read previous replies and checked site mentioned in them you wouldn't post such useless question after all.

Thread closed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.