Loony064 0 Light Poster

Hi all!

For my programming project, I have created a program that takes in entries for a dog show. Last week I went to see my teacher as I had a problem with some of the code and I mentioned to him that according to the assignment, we get extra marks (a maximum of 6, so its not that important) for using extra coding aside from sound and changing text/background colour.

I asked him what kinds of things they meant and he said I should try adding a bmp as a frontpage to the program (i.e. when the program loads, it shows a picture of a dog and says welcome to the program, etc)

So, today i took my book and started learning graphics. But to my dissapointment, after learning how to create shapes, etc, i got to the page that teaches about bitmap graphics and the book said that as the graphics covered in the book are only elementary, they have only included an example of how to use bitmap graphics. That would be fine except for the fact that the program doesn't work :sad:

I'v been looking on the net for sites that I can learn about this from and I thought I'd just post here and see if anyone could help. The project is due friday, but even if someone see's this post at a later stage and can help me, I'd really appreciate it as I want to try create a graphics based game in turbo pascal when I have a chance.

Thanks
Laura

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.