hi
i need some help with doing screen dumps or print screens in turbo pascal. when i press the print screen button whilst my program is running and then go and paste it in word, powerpoint or paint, all that pastes is the text and boxes i have created but on a white background.also when it is pasted, all the text and boxes are distorted and are in no way a resemblance of what i see when i run my program. i would like to know how to get a print screen with a black background and have everything pasted exactly how it is in my program. any help appriciated.

Try using the <alt>+<Enter> keystroke to get the dos-shell windowed (instead of full-screen), and then use the <alt>+<print_screen> keystroke to grab the pascal window only. From there, you can paste it into you word processor.

If you like, you can also press <alt>+<space> to get the system menu, choose 'properties' and select a screen font that is best suited for the documentation work.

what we've found is that the black screens waste ink, esp where there are a lot of screen shots, so you may want to paste the image into a graphic editor (something simple like microsoft photo editor), and invert the black screens to white screens.

alternatively, you can just change the black screens in your application using:

uses crt;
begin
 textattr:=$70; clrscr;

end.

hope that helps.. :) Abdullah

hi
i need some help with doing screen dumps or print screens in turbo pascal. when i press the print screen button whilst my program is running and then go and paste it in word, powerpoint or paint, all that pastes is the text and boxes i have created but on a white background.also when it is pasted, all the text and boxes are distorted and are in no way a resemblance of what i see when i run my program. i would like to know how to get a print screen with a black background and have everything pasted exactly how it is in my program. any help appriciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.