Thanks in advance
Govinda Attal.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by andor

This code does compile and generates an exe file...When I went thru disassembly, I found nothing useful in it...There were no nops in it. First of all our basic coding principles say that it should give a compiler error... compilers like msvc, gcc simply pass without giving any error or warnings..

This code does compile and generates an exe file...When I went thru disassembly, I found nothing useful in it...There were no nops in it. First of all our basic coding principles say that it should give a compiler error... compilers like msvc, gcc simply pass without giving any error or warnings..

I compiled to assembly and peeked at it too. The compiler just optimizes the NOPs out, so you pretty much get stack allocation and stack deallocation and that's it.

<gcc simply pass without giving errors or warnings
Well there are warnings. Try to copile like this gcc var.c -o var -Wall <When I went thru disassembly, I found nothing useful in it
ofcourse that's exactly what warnings try to tell

var.c: In function `main':
var.c:6: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
var.c:8: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
var.c:8: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
var.c:6: warning: statement with no effect
var.c:7: warning: statement with no effect
var.c:8: warning: statement with no effect
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.