Ok I'm back with another problem im having.. I have a vector of casual staffmembers.. Each time i create a casual staffmember they are added into a vector named thecasuals.. To return a casual staffmembers staffID a function is created:

staffmember::get_staffid();

I need to be able to enter a staffmembers ID number, and then search the vector for the correct staffmember and print the staff members details.. I have ATTEMPTED this as follows in a function in my 'company' class..:

company::staffIDsearch(int ID);

casstart = thecasuals.begin();
casend = thecasuals.end();

for (casstart; casstart < casend; casstart++)
 {
     if (thecasuals[casstart].get_staffid() == ID)
      {
            cout << thecasuals[cassstart].get_name(); << "    " << thecasuals[casstart].wage();
        }
  }
}

i am getting errors all over the place and am not sure what to do.. I have received errors saying i need to define 'casstart' and 'casend' but im not sure what to put them as, eg, int, casual...

Plus im sure there are syntax errors in there as i cannot find much helpful info on vectors and i'm lost..

Any Help would be appreciated!!

Thanks..

Jay Jones

Plus im sure there are syntax errors in there as i cannot find much helpful info on vectors and i'm lost..

See if you can see anything useful here.

Comments
Replyin quick.. Useful links.. Awesome.. Thanks mate!!

Thanks again for replying so quick wolf.. I realised my understanding of vectors was not going to reach it's requirements in time.. So i went back *a very long way* and worked it all out with arrays..

Now i have very minor issues, but i have completed enough to at least pass if worst comes to worst.. But i think i should work majority of it out.. Countdown begins.. I have:

20 Hoursish.. heh..

Thanks again.. :D

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.