Hi folkz,

Need help in writing a C program..The scenario is as follows:

We need to copy a log file frm the database to a txt file and the txt file should automatically get updated whenever the log file is modified... Also there shld be a facility to filter data frm the txt file based on a condition...

Cud anyone help me out with diz..

Thnx in advance.

Nirmala.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

what kind of database? MySql or something else?

>>and the txt file should automatically get updated whenever the log file is modified
This might require a trigger on the database. When the table is updated then a trigger will be activated to run a stored procedure that maintains the text file. This has nothing to do with c or c++, but is a database feature.

The database is - TIMBERLINE which is mostly used by construction companies 2 maintain their records. I've written the code 2 copy the log file into a text file. Need 2 knw how to update it and also how to select records tht satisfy a particular condition frm the text file.
Cud u plz help me with these..

To you mean Sage Timberline ? Sorry, never heard of it. You should probably contact their support staff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.