I have a problem....I wrote program which makes computer beep, but there is no beep when executing a program. I included windows.h header, defined speed and wrote following line

Beep(2750, speed);

Why there is no beep?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I have a problem....I wrote program which makes computer beep, but there is no beep when executing a program. I included windows.h header, defined speed and wrote following line

Beep(2750, speed);

Why there is no beep?

You need to turn on the volume on your speakers.

thats not the problem!! I`m not so stupid..lol

Even if I`d turn on 1000 speakers I would get no beep.

thats not the problem!! I`m not so stupid..lol

Even if I`d turn on 1000 speakers I would get no beep.

beep beep

beep beep

I tryed that code, but i still get no beep. I think something is wrong with my drivers....

Just out of interest what compiler are you using?

I am usind Dev-C++...i think its gcc compiler....ill try to compile that with Visual C++

I just tried it using VC++ EE and it works. I had to install the platform SDK and follow the directions here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235626(VS.80).aspx

Then I had to:

1. Create a directory "PlatformSDK" under "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC"
2. Copy the "bin", "include" and "lib" directory from the PSDK-installation into this directory.

(found the above at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7004&SiteID=1 )

Are you sure you've actually got an internal speaker? Not all motherboards have a connector for it. (Does your computer make a beep when you turn it on..?)

commented: You think of everything... -joeprogrammer +4

Are you sure you've actually got an internal speaker? Not all motherboards have a connector for it. (Does your computer make a beep when you turn it on..?)

I dont have internal speaker...i never get beep from computer

BTW: My motherboard is old and it was the cheapest one

In which case, you may aswell stop trying to get the non-existant speaker to make a noise ;)

If you don't care what the beep sounds like just print a '\a' character.

cout << '\a';

or

putchar('\a');

yeah i know that "\a"

try typing this code :Beep (1000,100);

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.