I have this C++ code :

const int ANYSIZE_ARRAY = 1;
    struct LUID {DWORD LowPart; WORD HighPart;};
    struct LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES {LUID Luid; DWORD Attributes;};
    struct TOKEN_PRIVILEGES {DWORD PrivilegeCount;   LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES Privileges[ANYSIZE_ARRAY];};

I want to convert this code into C# syntax.

I tried this one, but don't know how to place array in a struct.

struct LUID {Int32 LowPart; Int16 HighPart;};
    struct LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES {LUID Luid; Int32 Attributes;};
    struct TOKEN_PRIVILEGES {Int32 PriviligeCount; /*WHAT TO WRITE HERE??*/};

Help me please.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi

Would it not be something like;

LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES Privileges[ANYSIZE_ARRAY];

for the above i have assumed that, you want an array of LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES type struct , which you have defined before, as comprising of LUID Luid; int32 Attributes.
If my assunption is wrong, then please accept my apologies.

HTH

Thanks

I have this C++ code :

struct LUID {DWORD LowPart; WORD HighPart;};
    struct LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES {LUID Luid; DWORD Attributes;};
    struct TOKEN_PRIVILEGES {DWORD PrivilegeCount;   LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES Privileges[ANYSIZE_ARRAY];};

I want to convert this code into C# syntax.

I tried this one, but don't know how to place array in a struct.

struct LUID {Int32 LowPart; Int16 HighPart;};
    struct LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES {LUID Luid; Int32 Attributes;};
    struct TOKEN_PRIVILEGES {Int32 PriviligeCount; /*WHAT TO WRITE HERE??*/};

Help me please.

Would it not be something like;
LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES Privileges[ANYSIZE_ARRAY];

Given error :

Error    1    Syntax error, bad array declarator. To declare a managed array the rank specifier precedes the variable's identifier. To declare a fixed size buffer field, use the fixed keyword before the field type.    C:\Prog\SAVE\C#\Shutdown\Main.cs    22    86    Shutdown
Error    2    Array size cannot be specified in a variable declaration (try initializing with a 'new' expression)    C:\Prog\SAVE\C#\Shutdown\Main.cs    22    87    Shutdown

for the above i have assumed that, you want an array of LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES type struct , which you have defined before, as comprising of LUID Luid; int32 Attributes.

Exactly. What I try to do is place an array into a struct. I couldn't find an example not even in google.

This one doesn't work :

struct Animals { float Bird; int Rabbit[20]; Int64 Elephant; };

Error 1 Syntax error, bad array declarator. To declare a managed array the rank specifier precedes the variable's identifier. To declare a fixed size buffer field, use the fixed keyword before the field type. C:\Prog\SAVE\C#\Shutdown\Main.cs 35 42 Shutdown
Error 2 Array size cannot be specified in a variable declaration (try initializing with a 'new' expression) C:\Prog\SAVE\C#\Shutdown\Main.cs 35 43 Shutdown

This one too :

struct Animals { float Bird; int[20] Rabbit; Int64 Elephant; };

Error 1 Array size cannot be specified in a variable declaration (try initializing with a 'new' expression) C:\Prog\SAVE\C#\Shutdown\Main.cs 35 36 Shutdown

Another one :

struct Animals { float Bird; int Rabbit[]; Int64 Elephant; };

Error 1 Syntax error, bad array declarator. To declare a managed array the rank specifier precedes the variable's identifier. To declare a fixed size buffer field, use the fixed keyword before the field type. C:\Prog\SAVE\C#\Shutdown\Main.cs 35 42 Shutdown

This one works :

struct Animals { float Bird; int[] Rabbit; Int64 Elephant; };

But now I am not able to specify the size of the array:sad:

Any suggestions?

The answer is in the error message.

struct Animals { float Bird; int Rabbit[20]; Int64 Elephant; };

The previous code should be replaced with the following:

struct Animals { float Bird; fixed int Rabbit[20]; Int64 Elephant; };

Notice the addition of the keyword "fixed" which is place before the variable declaration.
See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Sharp_Programming/Keywords/fixed for more details about the "fixed" keyword.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.