Consider the two equations
p = cos(p), p = sin(p)
with solutions 0.7390851332151607 (approximately) and 0 respectively. Implement three programs for
the solution of these two equations.
(a) Fixed point iteration: pk+1 = g(pk).
(b) Fixed point iteration with Aitken acceleration.
(c) Steffensen’s acceleration.
In each case, begin with p0 = .5. Terminate when |pk − cos(pk)| < 10−12 or |pk − sin(pk)| < 10−12.
Comment on the number of iterations required in each case.
2. Use the theorems from class to answer and explain the following: Do you expect fixed point iteration

:rolleyes:i try to write this problem in c++ but didn't work can somebody please help me with this. thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

> i try to write this problem in c++ but didn't work can somebody please help me with this
Well post it, then we can really start to help you rather than do the work for you (which isn't going to happen), or we make wild guesses as to what your question really is.

Consider the two equations
p = cos(p), p = sin(p)
with solutions 0.7390851332151607 (approximately) and 0 respectively. Implement three programs for
the solution of these two equations.
(a) Fixed point iteration: pk+1 = g(pk).
(b) Fixed point iteration with Aitken acceleration.
(c) Steffensen’s acceleration.
In each case, begin with p0 = .5. Terminate when |pk − cos(pk)| < 10−12 or |pk − sin(pk)| < 10−12.
Comment on the number of iterations required in each case.
2. Use the theorems from class to answer and explain the following: Do you expect fixed point iteration

:rolleyes:i try to write this problem in c++ but didn't work can somebody please help me with this. thank you

First of all, when you're dealing with iteration functions and convergence and all related mathematical concepts, there are common techniques used in C++ or some other type of programming languages (i.e using the Math library in conjunction with programming concepts). I recommend searching google for such methods and/or techniques especially with numerical analysis or any type of continuous mathematics (i.e Limits).

Good luck, LamaBot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.