A person ineed deserves books indeed! Umm any college like books we know of that I can get?? From C++ to the end! Maby not way end but enough to build a game!

Other post disregard Noones responded to it in the last 48 hours!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This doesn't help you any? I admit I've never read it, but the favorite one around here seems to be Accelerated C++.

> Other post disregard Noones responded to it in the last 48 hours!
Wow... that is a looong time to wait. :rolleyes:

This doesn't help you any? I admit I've never read it, but the favorite one around here seems to be Accelerated C++.

> Other post disregard Noones responded to it in the last 48 hours!
Wow... that is a looong time to wait. :rolleyes:

If money is no issue, I actually found a book named "How to C++ program - Second Edition" by Deitel & Deitel which I found very comprehensive. It teaches you the basics to ADT's to OOP's to Polymorphism. Many other exists. I've never heard of Accelerated C++, is good you know Joe?

Good luck, LamaBot

no offense but you really do need to know c++ to the end to program a game (if 3d is what you had in mind)

No point in going through a discussion on C++ books while this thread exists.

If money is no issue, I actually found a book named "How to C++ program - Second Edition" by Deitel & Deitel

Too much spoon feeding. Text not on par with other professional books out there. The only thing good about those books are the practice problems. They are fun while they last.

I've never heard of Accelerated C++

Its a good book, with good ratings. Short, concise, terse and to the point.

I recently perchased Accelerated C++. I have to admit that I have to put it to the side for a little. It seems like a good book though. I am just not use to the teaching style yet I guess. I only made it to the third chapter before I started to get a little confused. I guess I am the type that needs one of those "spoon feed" books? Doesn't help much that there is hardly any peace and quiet in my house either (two extremely talkative nieces live with us).

I probably just need to slow down a little though. I was trying to go a little to fast maybe. Just trying to learn in the shortest time possible.

i like the step by step books by microsoft press but i doubt theres a c++ one :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.