Hello.

I made an command-line application. Now I want tomake an gui version but I don't know which GUI I should choose. I want the executable to have requirements for libaries while running (so I don't think about using GTK). I tried QT but I don't know if I can export a value from an spinbox to an variable (I need to do an equation) and give the result to other widget.
Thank you for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

So its a linux app?

This app will be compiled for both windows and linux. If it would be just for linux I would try GTK (most linux distros have it).

If it was windows only i would just use MFC or the .NET CLR but these dont run on linux.

Mono maybe?

GTK is probably best. You can get it for windows i think

(Accidental copy of post below)

You can get GTK in Windows, but I don't want people download GTK just to run my program. If someone would answer my question about QT that it is possible and say how this problem would be solved(you don't neet QT to run programs using it).

Send a signal to export a value from QSpinBox ti Variable.

QObject::connect(spinBox_variable, SIGNAL(ValueChanged(int)), variable, SLOT(setvalue(int)));

Send a signal to export a value from QSpinBox ti Variable.

QObject::connect(spinBox_variable, SIGNAL(ValueChanged(int)), variable, SLOT(setvalue(int)));

??????

what "????????" ?

Its error here....with ti...I wanted to write

to variable

Thank you, I will try it right now!

Edit: how do I import the value of another variable into the LCD number widget?

LCDNumber -> setValue(variable);

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.