can anyone give me a link to a good turbo vision tutorial. i have been searching for one for months now and would be greatful for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

can anyone give me a link to a good turbo vision tutorial. i have been searching for one for months now and would be greatful for any help.

I'm not sure what you mean by Turbo Vision. If you mean the old DOS IDE from Borland, my quick Googling indicates that it has been moved forward by the folks at Free Pascal.
So, if you are looking for Pascal information, I generally start people at Marco Cantu's site with his Essential Pascal. http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm
If this is NOT what you are interested in, maybe you can give some more detail.

If you were referring to Turbo Vision, the text user interface library donated to the public domain by Borland and currently hosted on sourceforge.net, I have a couple texts that cover it. They're Pascal though, and I'm trying to get it working in C++.

Did you ever get Turbo Vision working?

Myself, I can't even figure out how to get it to compile.

Turbo Vision is an old "window" interface created by Borland before what we consider to be GUI's really came into existence on the PC. Before Win 2.x programs often did pretty graphics using text mode.

You can get it from the folks at Free Pascal (as already noted).

Actually from what I've read Turbo Vision came out in the early 90s AFTER Windows 3.0, so GUI interfaces had already started to go mainstream, even though they hadn't completely replaced text interfaces yet.

I guess I could take a look at what Free Pascal says... but I'd really like to get it working in C++ too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.