Hi

Could anyone help me out with the following programs.

1. 'C' code for RS232 null modem connection(pc2pc) using WIN32. Also please let me know how to test on the second PC after transferring data from the first PC.
[details of connection: DB9 connector at both the ends]

2. WINSOCK program in 'C' to transfer data between two PC's.
[details of connection: ethernet cable used between 2 PC's with LAN interface].

Thanks and Regards,
Tejesh

See this MSDN article -- scroll down the page to the section Communications Resources

>>Also please let me know how to test on the second PC after transferring data from the first PC.
You need to write the software yourself that will run on each PC. On PC #1 write a program that will xmit the information and on PC #2 write a program to receive the data and verify that the data sent is the same as the data received.

You can get ready-made free libraries that do both RS232 serial communication and socket stuff from here. It contains several example programs to illustrate how to use the libraries. Yes, you have to compile the libraries or DLLs with your own compiler. make files have already been generated for the most popular *nix and MS-Windows compilers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.