Hi!

I'm looking for ideas for programs that will give me a good practice for using threads.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

One more thing...
Forget threads for a moment. My wife runs a business with many customers and contacts, and needs a database type application. I want to put my C studioes into practice. Will this be a good practice for me or a waist of time?

One more thing...
Forget threads for a moment. My wife runs a business with many customers and contacts, and needs a database type application. I want to put my C studioes into practice. Will this be a good practice for me or a waist of time?

Eating a bunch of chili dogs would be a waist of time, but programming a DB system would not necessarily be a waste of time :D

I'd say go ahead an program it. But because you're new to programming, I wouldn't expect it to actually be used in her business. That would be a little much to ask from a business standpoint. But for practice, she can help you design the system, test out what you do, make suggestions for improvements, and suggest useful functions. This would be great practice.

There are a few free C++ classes that might be useful to do the database part especially if you plan to use something like an SQL server, MS Access, Orical or something similar. Access via C and C++ can be quite compilicated so its advisable to use a C++ class that someone else with more experience has already written and tested. That way you can concentrate your efforts on what goes into the database and how to get it out instead of the low-level mechanics of talking directly to the databas engine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.