}obj;

void main()
{
     clrscr();
     obj o;
     o.show();
     getch();
}

In this code ,of Anonymous class object is calling the show function ,but its constructor is not called. Can some body Explain me this behaviour of the anonymous class.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>but its constructor is not called
The constructor is called, you just didn't define it. This:

obj()
{
  cout<<"\n Is this constructor \n";
}

is not a constructor. It's an ill-formed member function that happens to have the same name as your typedef. If your compiler doesn't warn about this (as well as void main and pre-standard headers), you need a newer compiler.

The problem is that you're confused about the difference between a class name and a typedef tag. A typedef tag does not act in place of a class name, but since C++ doesn't require an explicit class keyword when instantiating objects, I can't imagine why you'd even want to do this. The following code is much much better:

#include <iostream>

class obj {
public:
  obj()
  {
    std::cout<<"This is a constructor\n";
  }

void show()
  {
    std::cout<<"fkjhfg\n";
  }
};

int main()
{
  obj o;
  o.show();
  std::cin.get();
}

In C++ a struct or class needs to have a name to have a user defined constructor. The compiler will also generate the usual compiler generated constructors, but you can't get at them normally.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.