Hi all, I am want to know how an array looks like and I need a sample code. Basically i want to know how to add, delete and edit records using an Arraylist.
Can anybody help please?

Just read the API for ArrayList. The methods are quite clear. If you don't understand Collections at all, there is a lot of info here: Java Collections Framework

okay thanks :)
I will read em

before you move to the API i guess you need to really get a hold on what an array is, if i may put it in any way an array is just a contiguous memory for similar data types and almost all programming languages support array in java you have to declear an array using the SYNTAX;

datatype [] objectname;

where datatype may be any of the primitve data types or an object,

eg;

int [] x;
String [] name;

the next thing is for you to initilize the size of the array after which these is done with the syntax

objectname= new [integer_value_of size];
eg.

x= new int[10];
name= new String [25];

you can now assing a value to each index in the array

x[0]=34;
x[1]=45;
x[2]=19;
x[3]=49;
x[4]=38;

NOTE :-the index goes from 0 to n-1, n which is the size of the array itself can not be used

if you don't understand the question, don't try to answer. Array != ArrayList as you would have known had you read the documentation (but then, you tell people they shouldn't read the documentation and you clearly have followed your own advise...).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.