I have several .CPP and .H fles which i want to compile together. These files are used for PLC and Oracle database communication. when i try to compile these files it says following header files are missing ..
<occi.h>
<sys/msg.h>
<sys/time.h>
<sys/stat.h>
<signal.h>
How can I recover these files & how can I include them with all others file to compile them all together.
Please help.

Prashant

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Well which OS/Compiler are you trying to compile this on?

The last 4 header files all belong to Unix/Linux and other POSIX systems. As for occi.h, I've no idea.

Well which OS/Compiler are you trying to compile this on?

The last 4 header files all belong to Unix/Linux and other POSIX systems. As for occi.h, I've no idea.

I am using turbo c++ compiler and i have also tried it on Visual c++. if u can suggest any other compiler please suggest

you can not use signal.h and msg.h at all -- not supported by any MS-Windows compiler I know of. Then remove the sys/ from the others. occi.h have no clue. What you have left is this:

<time.h>
<stat.h>

you can not use signal.h and msg.h at all -- not supported by any MS-Windows compiler I know of. Then remove the sys/ from the others. occi.h have no clue. What you have left is this:

<time.h>
<stat.h>

If it is not possible for windows compiler then suggest me any linux compiler...I do have Kdevelop on linux but i do not know how to use it.....if u can suggest any other compiler or any other way of compiling it I will be very helpful for me to carry on with my project. Thanks in Advance..

Prashant

> I have several .CPP and .H fles which i want to compile together
Where did they come from, who wrote them?
If they originally came from a Unix/Linux environment, then there should be a "Makefile" in the top-level directory of the package.

> If it is not possible for windows compiler then suggest me any linux compiler
So where exactly is your Oracle database located? Is it on a networked machine or something?

Back to the software, if there is a makefile (and you have GCC installed), then at the command prompt, do these things
- cd to the top-level directory of the software package
- type 'make' and press return.

This should set the whole build going.

Back to the software, if there is a makefile (and you have GCC installed), then at the command prompt, do these things
- cd to the top-level directory of the software package
- type 'make' and press return.

This should set the whole build going.

If typing make doesn't work, try ./configure first.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.