x38class 0 Newbie Poster

I have an app that requires text which is typed into a text box which is then placed in an access database, later retrieved then printed in a defined area

the problem is that on the screen near the end of the 1st line when the user types the word "word" and there is not enough room, the textbox places the word on the next line which leaves psuedo spaces on the line above

the user sees this:
This is sample demo of what happens when There is not enough room for the xxx
word which has just been typed

xxx is the psuedo spaces that are not in the text string

So when it is printed in the defined area I get this:
This is sample demo of what happens when There is not enough room for the wor
d which has just been typed

I have a max length for the text which is determined by the number of characters allowed for the line, eg the max number ends at wor

How do I get the printing to replicate what the user sees, the defined space for printing is fixed by number of char per line (using fixed space font Courier New or Lucida Console) and a defined number of rows of print

Don't forget that the text box has a limited number of char, and therefore each time this happens the text when printed exceeds the defined area

Can I retrieve the text from the database and place it in a container & print the container with the text, and how do I limit the defined area of the screen container for the text to match the defined print area

Any help or suggestions most appreciated

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.