Construct a program in C++ to calculate a net selling price of a car from variety of models. The requirement of the program are:

a. The program should be developed according to object oriented programming language which contain:
i. A class with a proper naming convention.
ii. A constructor with attributes - brand, model, year, price.

b. A static void method to calculate the discounted price with year and price as its parameters. In this method, test the input using single if control statement: - If the model produced in the year above 2020, then no discount will be given

• If the model produced in the year of 2018 until 2020, then the discount is 10% from the original price of the car
  • If the model produced in the year of 2016 until 2017, then the discount is 20% from the original price of the car
  • If the model produced in the year of 2014 until 2015, then the discount is 30% from the original price of the car
  • If the model produced in the year of 2012 until 2013, then the discount is 40% from the original price of the car
  • If the model produced in the year less than 2012, then the discount is 50% from the original price of the car

c. Construct main() as a driver which input the brand, model, year and price from the keyboard.

d. Loop the user input twice using iteration control statement where the looping should initiate from 1 until 2 respectively.

e. Create an object of the class to invoke the year and price into the discount method.

Please help me. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This looks like homework. As such you get to write and do the homework so let's hear where you are stuck.

commented: yea it is my Final Assessment. I tried and this is how far I can get. +0
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

string model, brand;
int price,year,discountprice,afterdiscount;

class myclass{
    public
    void calculate() {
        cout<<"Welcome to Pandu Cepat Auto"<<endl;
        cout<<"For Model: "<<year<<endl;
        if (year=2018||year=2019||year=2020){
            discountprice=(price=10/100);
            afterdiscount=price - discountprice;
            cout<<"discount 10%:"<<discountprice<<endl;
        }else if (year=2016||year=2017){
            discountprice=(price=20/100);
            cout<<"discount 20%:"<<discountprice<<endl;
        }else if (year=2014||year=2015){
            discountprice=(price=30/100);
            cout<<"discount 30%:"<<discountprice<<endl;
        }else if (year=2012||year=2013){
            discountprice=(price=40/100);
            cout<<"discount 40%:"<<discountprice<<endl;
            else if (year<2012{
            discountprice=(price=50/100);
            cout<<"discount 50%:"<<discountprice<<endl;
    }
}

Am stuck

The first portion of the assignment says that the program should be object oriented with a constructor with attributres brand, model, year, and price.

Therefore, what we're talking about is a program which has different Car objects. Each Car object is a type of Car, with its own combination of brand, model, year, and price.

Therefore, the name of the class should be Car or something like that, and properties of a Car should be the variables brand, model, year, and price.

Then, you can create a new Car called MyCar, a new Car called YourCar, a new Car called NeighborCar, etc.

Then, there should be a method within this Car class to calculate the price. Then, I can do something like MyCar->calculatePrice(), or NeighborCar->calculatePrice() and see who has a more expensive car.

I'm frankly baffled by the requirement for a static void method to calculate what should be an instance variable, using existing instance variables. It makes absolutely no sense.

commented: I've seen bad programming habits taught in classrooms for decades now. +15
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.