gReaen 0 Newbie Poster

Hello all,

I am trying to learn WSDL from few weeks. I use BEA workspace studio to develop the web services in java. I checked out few examples and wrote a service for temperature conversion using 'Document' style and 'literal' use and it worked fine. Then i tried the same with 'RPC' and 'literal' style, the service by itself works fine and i get the output.
The problem started when i tried building a client instead of testing the service using the test client provided in the workstudio. The process i followed was:

• Creation of a WSDL and a web service for the conversion as the service provider.
  • Creating a service control for a copy of the WSDL file in a client project.
  • Creating a web service and adding the previously created control.
  • Using this control object to invoke the method that was in the service provider.

I had tried the similar process in creating a client for 'Document' style and it worked. But in 'RPC' whenever i run this client webservice (on Weblogic Server) i get an error message that 'Failed to invoke the method'.

Can anyone please explain where i have gone wrong? What should i correct to make it work?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.