arvin2006 1 Junior Poster in Training

Hi everyone.. I don't know if this post would fit here. is there anyone here has futher knowledge regarding the creation of Thunderbird Extensions/Add-Ons.
By means of self-study, I have learn the components in creating such add-on. It's a packaged file which consist of Javascript, XUL, RDF, Manifest etc..
I have to create an extension on which I want to add feature to an existing extension, but my problem is the debugging.
Is there anyway to test the package or run the package into a debugger, so that I can easily debug the said add-on?
What I know is that, I just have to package it and install in Thunderbird, then I can now test it, BUT how could I know where the error came from.
I did some search but to no avail. Even I don't have enough knowledge with Javascript, I tried to create/modify an add-on. It is possible to debug a javascript by means of a Javascript Debugger,
But at this instance, its hard to debug a JS file especially it calls a particular file somewhere in the package, so how coud I debug a javascript inside a package,
or how could i debug an .XPI file or simply test a modified add-on without installing to a Thunderbird? Is there anyway?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.